Did I really say I didn't care when the movers came???
They didn't come until September 11, ONE WEEK LATE!!!!
And in the meantime I came down with a terrible flu--the doctor suspected food poisoning--and ended up in Urgent Care with an IV, and a shot in the backside which still didn't stop the stomach cramps, and more goodies through the IV line until finally, finally the pain stopped. All told it was 10 days before I felt like eating again. I missed my bed so much!
Now that the movers have come, it's a real challenge to fit us into this house. We lost over 1000 sq ft, and two bedrooms, plus the garage is only one car wide instead of three. There is stuff everywhere! Still, progress happens every day. Some days, so does the beach :-) Monday the sun was shining and Parker had no homework, so we went down to hang out for an hour or so. It is wonderful to be able to sit by the lapping waves. There's so much to watch too, as the pier is always full of fishermen, and ships ease by on their way to the port. I am loving the weather--when it rains it's soft and misty, and when the sun shines the air is still cool. I am so glad to be home!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment