Wow--I knew I had neglected my blog, but hadn't realized it's been so long. I guess it matches up pretty well: I stopped blogging about the time I started my new job.
I am an office assistant at our church, and I love it! I work Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings, 10-12 hours a week. Unless there's a mass-mailing to put out, or some other project, in which case I might work closer to 30 hours (as I did last week).
My sub-title, if you like, is Communications. I design bulletin covers for sermon series, and create and coordinate PowerPoint slides for announcements on Sunday mornings. I collect the prayer requests turned in each week, and send them out to the prayer team. I create signs for classrooms and the foyer, posters for events, and maintain the bulletin boards. Last week I created a brochure about the next phase of our building project, and tickets for our Christmas Dessert Theatre.
Anyway, it's a ton of fun, and while it's stretching me physically after the last few years on the couch, I'm getting stronger. And I love the people I work for/with. But I'm not quite keeping up with some of the peripheral things, like this blog! Or my photography, come to think of it. I do have some things I should share, so I'll try to get a few of them posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment