Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast,
To soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.
-William Congreve
To soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.
-William Congreve
But still, they're both true enough. Today I started singing to myself, Handel's music from Isaiah:
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd,
And He shall gather the lambs with His arm, with His arm.
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd,
And He shall gather the lambs with Him arm, with Him arm,
And carry them in His bosom,
And gently lead those that are with young,
And gently lead, and gently lead, those that are with young.
And He shall gather the lambs with His arm, with His arm.
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd,
And He shall gather the lambs with Him arm, with Him arm,
And carry them in His bosom,
And gently lead those that are with young,
And gently lead, and gently lead, those that are with young.
The next thing I know, Miss Em is in the office with us, talking to me. Now bear in mind, this is my little prickly-pear cat, who mostly stays in her room and never, ever wants to be held. I was surprised to see her, but Parker remembered that she joined us one other time, when we were singing over his choir music. So I sat down on the floor and sang again. And here she came, purring, and climbed right into my lap. When I finished--it's not a long song the way I sing it!--she walked a few steps away, but I sang it over and over, and each time she climbed into my lap again. It was just the sweetest thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment