I received a package from Nelson and Jenn and, with my birthday nearing, thought I'd better check as to whether it should wait for the 14th. Sure enough, Nelson said that some of the contents were for my birthday, but some was for Parker's birthday. So JT looked inside for us. We set aside an envelope with my name on it, and gave the package to Parker as instructed:
(He was certainly thrilled to get another gift in the mail; his birthday celebration has lasted an entire week!)
Aunt Jenn had knit fantastic fingerless gloves, along with a circular neck scarf.
He ADORES his gifts, and won't take them off; he wore them to the open house at school the same night.
Well, as Paul Harvey used to say....here's "The Rest of the Story"
Today I got another email from Nelson saying he'd made a mistake; Parker's gift was in a different envelope and that package was all for me.
!!!!!!!!
I am rolling on the floor laughing, because Parker has my birthday gift and he loves it; I can't take it away from him now! Guess I'll keep his gift instead :-)
1 comment:
I'm so glad he's enjoying your mitts & scarf. At least you both like your gifts -- even if they were switched! I'll have to make you another set! ;)
Post a Comment